Prepare to indulge in the flavors of a mouthwatering slow cooker Cajun chicken alfredo. This easy and delicious recipe combines tender chicken with perfectly cooked pasta, all smothered in a creamy and flavorful alfredo sauce. Get ready to savor every bite of this comforting winter meal.
Chicken breast: We will be using chicken breast for this recipe and seasoning it with Cajun seasoning on both sides.
Olive oil: We will sear the chicken in some olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. This will add so much flavor to the dish.
Chicken broth: We will pour some chicken broth into the same pan and mix it with the brown bits the chicken has left behind. This will create a flavorful base for the sauce.
Heavy cream: We will add some heavy cream to the slow cooker and the chicken broth mixture. This will make the sauce rich and creamy.
Minced garlic: We will add some minced garlic to the slow cooker for extra flavor and aroma.
Butter: We will also add a few chunks of butter to the slow cooker. Butter makes everything better, right?
Salt and black pepper: We will season the sauce with salt and black pepper to taste.
Pasta: We will add some uncooked pasta to the slow cooker after we take out the chicken. You can use any pasta you like. I am using penne.
Parmesan cheese: We will grate in some fresh parmesan cheese at the end. Grating in a fresh block of parmesan cheese makes the alfredo taste so much better than the store-bought, already grated cheese.
Parsley: We’re going to finish this dish with some fresh parsley for some color and freshness.
Making The Cajun Chicken Alfredo In The Slow Cooker
Season the chicken breast: Sprinkle some Cajun seasoning on both sides of the chicken breast. Make sure to coat them well for a spicy kick.
Sear the chicken: Heat up some olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Place the chicken into the hot oil and sear for 2 or 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown. You don’t need to cook them all the way through, just get a nice crust on the outside.
Transfer the chicken to the slow cooker: Use a pair of tongs to carefully lift the chicken from the skillet and place them into the slow cooker. Try not to lose any of the seasoning or juices.
Deglaze the skillet: Pour some chicken broth into the same skillet and scrape up the brown bits from the bottom with a wooden spoon. These bits are full of flavor and will enhance the sauce.
Pour the broth mixture into the slow cooker: Carefully transfer the broth mixture from the skillet to the slow cooker. Make sure to cover all of the chicken with the liquid.
Add heavy cream, minced garlic, butter, salt and black pepper: Pour some heavy cream into the slow cooker and stir well with a whisk or a fork. Add some minced garlic, a few chunks of butter, salt and black pepper to taste. Stir everything well and cover with the lid.
Cook on high for 2 hours: Set your slow cooker to high and let it cook for 2 hours. The chicken will become tender and juicy, and the sauce will thicken slightly.
Take out the chicken and set it aside: After 2 hours, use a pair of tongs to take out the chicken from the slow cooker and set it aside on a cutting board. Cover it with some foil to keep it warm.
Add uncooked pasta to the slow cooker: Add some uncooked pasta of your choice to the slow cooker and stir well with a spoon or a fork. Make sure all of the pasta is submerged in the sauce.
Cook on high for 30 minutes: Cover with the lid again and cook on high for 30 minutes, until the pasta is al dente. The pasta will absorb some of the sauce and become flavorful and creamy.
Grate in some fresh parmesan cheese: Grate in some fresh parmesan cheese from a block using a cheese grater or a microplane. Stir well with a spoon or a fork until all of the cheese is melted and incorporated into the sauce.
Slice up the chicken breast: Use a sharp knife to slice up the chicken breast into thin pieces or bite-sized chunks. You can also shred it with two forks if you prefer.
Add it to the pasta: Add the sliced or shredded chicken to the pasta and sauce in the slow cooker and stir well to combine everything.
Sprinkle some fresh parsley: Sprinkle some chopped fresh parsley on top of the dish for some color and freshness.
Enjoy your meal: Serve your slow cooker Cajun chicken alfredo with some garlic bread or a green salad if you like. Enjoy your delicious and easy dinner!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 12 ounces uncooked pasta (any type you prefer)
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Begin by seasoning the chicken breasts with Cajun seasoning on both sides.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat and sear the chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side. This will add flavor to the chicken without fully cooking it.
- Transfer the seared chicken breasts to your slow cooker.
- In the same pan, pour in the chicken broth and scrape up any brown bits left by the chicken. Then, pour the mixture into the slow cooker.
- Add the heavy cream, minced garlic, chunks of butter, salt, and black pepper to the slow cooker. Stir everything together.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on high for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, remove the chicken from the slow cooker and set it aside for later.
- Add the uncooked pasta to the sauce in the slow cooker. Stir to coat the pasta.
- Place the lid back on the slow cooker and cook the pasta for 30 minutes on high until it reaches the desired al dente texture.
- Grate the fresh Parmesan cheese into the slow cooker and mix everything together. Replace the lid to allow the cheese to melt.
- While the cheese is melting, slice the chicken breasts into strips or bite-sized pieces.
- Add the sliced chicken to the pasta in the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Finish the dish with a sprinkle of fresh parsley.
- Serve the slow cooker Cajun chicken alfredo hot and enjoy a comforting winter meal.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: per serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 761 kcalTotal Fat: 46gSaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 210mgSodium: 566mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 40g