This easy-to-make Mexican adobo chicken recipe results in tender and flavorful chicken thighs simmered in a delicious adobo sauce and salsa, perfect for making burrito bowls and chicken tacos.
- Chopped chipotles in adobo sauce
- Ground pepper
- Garlic powder
- Chili powder
- Chicken broth
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
Measure half a cup of your favorite salsa, then add two tablespoons of chopped chipotles in adobo sauce, one teaspoon of salt, one teaspoon of ground pepper, half a teaspoon of garlic powder, and a tablespoon of chili powder. Mix this all together. Then add a quarter cup of chicken broth and stir to combine.
Next, trim two to three pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs and add them to the bottom of the slow cooker.
Pour the adobo sauce over the chicken, then cover the slow cooker and cook on high for four hours.
The thighs are super tender with a delicious, rich, slightly spicy flavor, and the sauce has a little more heat and tastes amazing served over the chicken. This is also great when you shred the chicken and mix it in.
Serve with your favorite toppings for tacos and burrito bowls. This is so delicious, and I hope you enjoy this easy dinner recipe.
- 1/2 cup of salsa
- 2 tablespoons of chopped chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1/4 cup of chicken broth
- 2-3 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Mix salsa, and chipotle in adobo sauce, salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, and chicken broth in a bowl.
- Trim chicken thighs and add them to the slow cooker.
- Pour the adobo sauce over the chicken and cook on high for four hours.
- Shred the chicken and serve with your favorite toppings for tacos and burrito bowls.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: One
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 325kcalTotal Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 166mgSodium: 1002mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 40g