Start your culinary journey with our Mississippi Pot Roast & Butter Noodles recipe. This one-pot slow cooker meal is a hearty and flavorful dish that combines tender beef chuck roast with savory Aju gravy, tangy ranch seasoning, and spicy pepper peppers.
The dish is finished with creamy butter noodles, a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, and fresh parsley for a comforting and satisfying meal that will impress.
Beef Chuck Roast (4 pounds): This is the recipe’s main ingredient. This cut of beef is tender and flavorful when slow-cooked.
Aju Gravy Mix (1 ounce): This mix adds a savory flavor to the pot roast. You can also use a brown gravy mix.
Ranch Seasoning Mix (1 package): This mix adds a tangy and herby flavor to the pot roast.
Pepper Peppers (8, sliced): These peppers add a spicy kick to the pot roast. The recipe also calls for some of the brining liquid.
Butter (1 stick): This is added towards the end of the recipe to the egg noodles, giving them a creamy and rich flavor.
Egg Noodles (1 pound): These are mixed in with the pot roast at the end of the cooking process.
Parmesan Cheese: This is added to the egg noodles for a salty, tangy flavor.
Parsley (fresh, chopped): This is used as a garnish and adds a pop of color and freshness to the dish.
Making The Mississippi Pot Roast & Butter Noodles
Prepare the Beef and Slow Cooker:
Place the beef chuck roast in an eight-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle the Aju gravy mix and ranch seasoning mix over the beef. Top with the sliced pepper peppers and some of the brining liquid.
Cover the slow cooker with a lid, set it to high, and let it cook for about four to five hours. The cooking time may vary depending on the temperature of the meat when you start the process.
Remove the Beef:
Once the beef is tender, please remove it from the slow cooker and place it on a baking sheet. The beef is likely to fall apart due to its tenderness, which is fine.
Skim Off the Fat:
Skim off the rendered fat on top of the liquid in the slow cooker. The goal is to end up with more of the sauce or gravy at the bottom and less of the rendered fat.
Return the Beef:
Add the meat back into the slow cooker. If it breaks apart, that’s okay. Cut the beef into chunks using kitchen shears, leaving tender morsels.
Cook the Egg Noodles:
Boil a pound of egg noodles for about five minutes in salted water, then drain.
Remove the lid from the slow cooker and add the drained egg noodles. Add a stick of butter to the noodles and mix well.
Season and Garnish:
Add parmesan cheese, cracked black pepper, and fresh chopped parsley to the slow cooker. Mix well and give it a taste.
Serve the hot Mississippi pot roast with noodles, garnished with additional parmesan cheese and parsley if desired. Enjoy your one-pot slow cooker meal!
Tips and Variations for Mississippi Pot Roast & Butter Noodles Recipe:
- Cut of Meat: While beef chuck roast is used in this recipe, you can also use other cuts of beef like brisket or round roast. You could even use a different type of meat, such as pork or chicken, and adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Vegetables: Feel free to add carrots, potatoes, or onions for flavor and nutrition. Just add them in with the roast in the slow cooker.
- Spice Level: Adjust the amount of pepper peppers based on your preference for spice. If you like it spicier, add more peppers. If you’re not a heat fan, reduce the amount or omit them entirely.
- Gravy Mix: If you can’t find Aju gravy mix, you can use brown gravy mix or even onion soup mix as a substitute.
- Noodles: While egg noodles are used in this recipe, you can substitute them with other types of pasta like fettuccine, pappardelle, or even spaghetti.
- Cheese: Try using other types of cheese for a different flavor. Mozzarella, cheddar, or even blue cheese can add a unique twist to the dish.
- Herbs: Experiment with different herbs for garnishing. Cilantro, dill, or even thyme can add a different flavor profile to the dish.
- Slow Cooker: Make sure not to open the slow cooker too often while it’s cooking as it can significantly increase the cooking time.
- Leftovers: This dish reheats well, so it’s perfect for meal prep or leftovers. Just store it in an airtight container in the fridge and reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
FAQs about Mississippi Pot Roast & Butter Noodles Recipe
Can I use a different cut of meat for this recipe?
Can I add vegetables to this recipe?
I don’t like spicy food. Can I omit the pepper peppers?
What can I use as a substitute for Aju gravy mix?
Can I use a different type of pasta instead of egg noodles?
Can I cook this recipe on low in the slow cooker?
Can I make this recipe without a slow cooker?
Mississippi Pot Roast & Butter Noodles
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
- 4 pounds of Beef Chuck Roast
- 1 ounce package of Aju Gravy Mix
- 1 package of Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 8 sliced Pepper Peppers
- 1 stick of Butter
- 1 pound of Egg Noodles
- Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh chopped Parsley
- Place the beef chuck roast in an eight-quart slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the Aju gravy mix and ranch seasoning mix over the beef.
- Top with the sliced pepper peppers and some of the brining liquid.
- Cook on high for about four and a half to five hours, or until the beef is tender.
- Remove the beef from the slow cooker and skim off the rendered fat.
- Cut the beef into chunks and return it to the slow cooker.
- Cook the egg noodles in boiling water for about five minutes, then drain.
- Add the drained egg noodles, stick of butter, parmesan cheese, and chopped parsley to the slow cooker.
- Mix well, taste, and serve with additional parmesan cheese and parsley if desired.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: per serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 600 kcalTotal Fat: 30gCarbohydrates: 50gProtein: 40g