Our Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti is the perfect fusion of flavors. This dish combines the creaminess of cream cheese, the spiciness of buffalo sauce, and the comfort of spaghetti. With the convenience of a slow cooker, this recipe is perfect for those busy weeknights. It’s a crowd-pleaser that’s sure to satisfy your comfort food cravings.
Chicken Breasts (3 pieces): These are the main protein source for the dish. They are thawed and seasoned before being cooked in the slow cooker.
Salt: This is used to season the chicken breasts and pasta water. It enhances the flavor of the dish.
Garlic Powder: This is used to season the chicken breasts. It adds a savory depth to the chicken.
Onion Powder: This is used to season the chicken breasts. It adds a sweet and mild onion flavor to the chicken.
Cracked Black Pepper: This is used to season the chicken breasts. It adds a mild heat and pungency to the chicken.
Cream Cheese (8 ounces): Add to the slow cooker and the chicken. It adds creaminess and a tangy flavor to the dish.
Ranch Seasoning (1 package): This is added to the slow cooker, chicken, and cream cheese. It adds a tangy and herby flavor to the dish.
Frank’s Red Hot Wing Sauce (12 ounces): This is added to the slow cooker along with the chicken, cream cheese, and ranch seasoning. It adds a spicy and tangy flavor to the dish.
Shredded Cheese (8 ounces): Half of this is mixed into the shredded chicken, and the rest is added to the pasta. It adds a creamy and cheesy flavor to the dish.
Spaghetti (13 ounces): This is cooked separately until al dente and added to the slow cooker. It serves as the base of the dish.
Fresh Parsley or Scallion (for garnish): This is used to garnish the dish. It adds a fresh and vibrant flavor to the dish.
Making The Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti In The Slow Cooker
Prepare the Chicken:
Season the thawed chicken breasts with salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and cracked black pepper. Place the seasoned chicken breasts into the slow cooker, cover with a lid, and set it to high. The cooking time will vary depending on the size of the chicken breasts and the temperature of your slow cooker.
Add Cream Cheese and Seasonings:
About an hour and a half into the cook time, add the cream cheese and a package of ranch seasoning to the slow cooker. This will add a creamy, tangy, and herby flavor to the chicken.
Add Hot Wing Sauce:
Next, add a 12-ounce bottle of Frank’s Red Hot Wing Sauce. This will give the dish a spicy and tangy kick. Continue cooking for another hour and a half.
Shred the Chicken:
Once the chicken is fully cooked, shred it using a mixer. This method will result in perfectly shredded chicken.
After shredding the chicken, add half of the shredded cheese into the slow cooker and mix it well. The cheese will melt and add a creamy and cheesy flavor.
Cook the Spaghetti:
While the chicken is cooking, bring a pot of salted water to boil and cook the spaghetti until al dente. The cooking time will vary depending on the type of spaghetti you use. Once cooked, drain the spaghetti.
Combine Spaghetti and Chicken:
Add the cooked spaghetti to the slow cooker and mix it well with the shredded chicken.
Add More Cheese:
Sprinkle the rest of the shredded cheese on top of the spaghetti and chicken mixture. The heat from the spaghetti and chicken will melt the cheese.
Garnish and Serve:
Finally, garnish the dish with fresh parsley or scallions and serve. The fresh herbs will add a pop of color and a fresh flavor to the dish. Enjoy your slow cooker buffalo chicken spaghetti!
Tips and Variations for Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti:
- Add Vegetables: For added nutrition, consider adding vegetables like bell peppers, mushrooms, or spinach to the dish. You can sauté them separately and mix them in at the end.
- Use Different Pasta: If you don’t have spaghetti on hand, you can use any other type of pasta. Penne, rigatoni, or fettuccine would all work well.
- Adjust the Heat: If you’re sensitive to spicy foods, you can reduce the amount of hot wing sauce or choose a milder sauce. Conversely, if you love spicy food, feel free to add more!
- Swap the Protein: If you’re not a fan of chicken, you can substitute it with turkey breast or even a vegetarian option like tofu or tempeh.
- Cheese Variations: Try using different types of cheese for a different flavor profile. Mozzarella, Monterey Jack, or even a spicy pepper jack could be delicious.
- Add a Crunch: For a bit of crunch, consider adding some toasted breadcrumbs on top before serving.
- Cooking Time: Cooking times can vary based on your slow cooker, so it’s best to check the chicken’s doneness with a meat thermometer. The internal temperature should reach 165°F (74°C).
- Shredding Chicken: For easy shredding, use a hand mixer directly in the slow cooker. Be sure to do this carefully to avoid scratching your slow cooker’s surface.
- Make it a Dip: If you have leftovers, you can repurpose the buffalo chicken spaghetti as a dip. Simply reheat it, and serve with tortilla chips or sliced baguette.
Can I use a different type of meat for this recipe?
Can I use a different type of pasta?
How can I adjust the spiciness of the dish?
Can I add vegetables to this dish?
How do I know when the chicken is fully cooked?
Can I use a different type of cheese?
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- Salt to taste
- Garlic Powder to taste
- Onion Powder to taste
- Cracked Black Pepper to taste
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 package Ranch Seasoning
- 12 ounces Frank's Red Hot Wing Sauce
- 8 ounces Shredded Cheese
- 13 ounces Spaghetti
- Fresh Parsley or Scallion for garnish
- Season chicken breasts and place in a slow cooker. Set the cooker on high and cook for about 1.5 hours.
- After 1.5 hours, add cream cheese and ranch seasoning to the slow cooker. Mix well.
- Pour in the hot wing sauce and continue cooking for another 1.5 hours.
- Once the chicken is cooked, shred it directly in the slow cooker. Mix the shredded cheese in half. This should take about 15 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, cook spaghetti separately in salted boiling water until al dente; this should take about 7-8 minutes. Drain and add the cooked spaghetti to the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and mix well. This should take about 2 minutes.
- Finish the dish by garnishing with fresh parsley or scallions and serve. This should take around 3 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: per serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 500 kcalTotal Fat: 20gCarbohydrates: 50gProtein: 30g