Slow Cooker Creamy Ranch Chicken is a delicious and easy meal, perfect for both weekday dinners and special occasions. This dish has tender chicken thighs cooked in a savory broth and covered in a homemade ranch sauce. Fresh tomatoes and crispy bacon add texture and flavor. It’s sure to please all the ranch lovers around your table.
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Chicken broth
- Cloves garlic, minced
- Fresh dill, minced
- Ground black pepper
- Cream cheese softened
- Fresh parsley
- Diced scallions
- Chopped tomatoes
- Cooked bacon
Making The Slow Cooker Creamy Ranch Chicken
Pour half a cup of chicken broth into a measuring cup. Peel and mince five cloves of fresh garlic and add them to the broth. Now, roughly mince about a tablespoon of fresh dill. This really makes the ranch taste fresh and vibrant. Add the dill to the broth. Then add half a teaspoon of salt and a quarter teaspoon of ground black pepper and stir to combine.
Pour the broth mixture over the chicken, cover, and cook on high for two and a half to three hours until the chicken is cooked through.
Remove the chicken from the slow cooker. Then add one 8-ounce package of softened cream cheese and whisk to combine.
To make a thicker ranch sauce, I’ll transfer my sauce into a saucepan and heat it over medium heat for about five minutes, stirring to prevent the cream mixture from burning. Then add about a quarter cup of chopped fresh parsley and two teaspoons of diced scallions to the creamy ranch mixture and stir to combine.
I’m serving our Creamy Ranch Chicken over noodles. Top the noodles with the chicken, then spoon the ranch sauce over the top.
Add fresh chopped tomatoes and three to four slices of cooked bacon. Finish with fresh herbs.
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp diced scallions
- Fresh chopped tomatoes
- 3-4 slices cooked bacon
- Add the trimmed chicken thighs to the slow cooker.
- In a measuring cup, combine the chicken broth, minced garlic, minced fresh dill, salt, and ground black pepper. Pour over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on high for 2.5-3 hours until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker.
- Add softened cream cheese to the slow cooker and whisk to combine.
- Transfer the sauce to a saucepan and heat over medium heat for about five minutes to thicken.
- Add chopped fresh parsley and diced scallions to the creamy ranch mixture and stir to combine.
- Serve the chicken over noodles and top with the ranch sauce, fresh chopped tomatoes, and cooked bacon.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1/6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 447kcalTotal Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 222mgSodium: 610mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 38g